Why Nicola Roxon needs to hide under her bed in shame




 So our former attorney-general, Nicola Roxon has stood down after 12 years in parliament because.."I need to spend more time with my daughter" ...and "..if I stood for another term my daughter would be in high school before I retired and spend some time with her.."

How touching and sweet!
...
Well, Nicola, just ask most other mum's in the real world,who are working, if they would like to retire at 46 years of age to 'spend more time with their children' whilst receiving a tax-free cheque from the government superannuation fund of $146,000 a year; forever!

What a disgrace and so completely insensitive towards the thousands of mum's out there working their buts off to make ends meet.

And at the same time Roxon sat in cabinet and considered legislation to hammer those working mums' and dads' who have put money into THEIR own super fund, calling them 'wealthy' people who need to share the wealth around.

So maybe Nicola might offer to cut her super benefits by half as part of a contribution to our national deficit? Don't hold you breath folks.

In today's The Weekend Australian, Judith Sloan writes an excellent article about this very subject. It is essential reading.

And for the record, I was raised in a working-class home by loving parents, and voted Labor for much of my life.


My wife and I have worked extremely hard, and endured a cancer journey, to build a lifestyle that will help us retire on about $60,000 a year and without access to any government help. I would have thought we are the very people the government would want to see build a nest-egg such as super. But no, as apparently we are 'wealthy' people and we need to be cut down to size eh?

This current government, including Ms Roxon, Mr Swan and Mr Shorten-not to mention our PM, Julia Gillard - are an enormous threat to our country. They are a disgrace and I-along with many other people - who come from working-class roots, just want them gone.

Pity though that the only option is Tony Abbott...or perhaps we bust our country wide open and go for Christine Milne!! Now there's a thought!


Ross Taylor
February 2013

Post a Comment

0 Comments