The gardener and the muffin



My wife, Katherine, is an exceptionally kind and caring person.

That's why when Geoff, our elderly gardener who attends to our plants twice a year, comes to visit us, Katherine wants to be nice to him.

"Nice", means giving Geoff his coffee and a muffin.

Geoff comes very early so I get-up to get Geoff organised and am asked by Katherine to give Geoff his coffee and m...
uffin; home made muffin that is!!

Half an hour later I am in my study at the computer, Geoff is working in the garden, and a voice is heard from the top of the landing near our bedroom. The conversation went like this....

K: Taylor (my affectionate name). Did you give Geoff his coffee?
R: Yes, my love
K: Did you put milk in it?
R: Sure did my love.
K: And one sugar?
R: Yep. All good.
K: Did you give him a nice muffin on a plate.
R: Yes, my love. He has just eaten it. The muffin that is. Not the plate!
K: Great. Did you heat the muffin up first?

(OMG!!! WHAT DID SHE JUST ASK?? DID I H E A T THE MUFFIN??).

Panic. God. Do people ever HEAT muffins...do you??

K: Taylor, did you hear me? Did you warm the muffin first as Geoff likes his muffins warm.
R: Sorry, dear. Just on the phone. (Think, man, think!).

With only one option open before I am thrashed, I approached Geoff and asked him if the muffin was Ok?

G: Mmmm. OK. Bit it was cold.

Geez, why do we get old blokes to do the garden? Younger guys are easier. Just give them a beer. Stuff the muffins!

As my wife wonders down the stairs my car is pulling-out. I am on-the-run.

Stuff it. I am going for a surf. Nice waves too.

Post a Comment

0 Comments