Liam says I am an old man......

IT'S OFFICIAL:
LIAM SAYS I AM 'AN OLD MAN'

As I walked into the change-rooms at Perth's large HBF Sports Stadium late today for my regular 2km swim, there was a group of boys lined-up in the corridor with their female teacher unsuccessfully trying to maintain some order.

I walked pass them and entered the change-room. As I walked in, I passed a young boy in a hurry as he headed out to join his class in the corridor.

I couldn't help but hear his teacher ask, "Liam, is there anyone else in there?"

"No Miss", came the reply from young Liam. "No one except one old man!"

As an almost 67 year-old, I thought about bouncing back outside to challenge Liam to a 50 meter swimming race, but then thought about the high probability that Liam would probably beat me anyway, and thus reinforcing the accuracy of his offending comment.

Anyway, I must go, because I need to be asleep in front of the TV before Q&A starts and Katherine realises I haven't cleaned the dishes from tonight's amazingly good meal I made .
"Old man" indeed!!!!

Post a Comment

0 Comments